Ann Fisher, an one of the area’s most accomplished journalists–and a truly amazing person–is seeking an intern at her WOSU radio show, “All Sides,” a public-affairs, call-in talk show on 89.7 FM WOSU Public Media. The show is streamed live, podcast and archived, and broadcasts live on the Ohio Government Channel throughout Ohio.
Please contact me if you are interested, and I will forward your info to Ann and her producer.
JOB DESCRIPTION #1:
Screen listener calls for inclusion on show.
Write scripts, research program guests and issues, prepare briefing materials for host, attend daily editorial meetings, suggest and develop ideas for programs, schedule programs and confirm guests, write program descriptions.
Training provided for technical duties that include producing and editing repeat programs, uploading podcasts, revising Web page.
THIS IS A UNIVERSITY STUDENT ASSISTANT POSITION:
Unpaid and no benefits.
Hourly wage position (without benefits) may open up at the end of Fall Semester, 2013.
Graduate Students receiving a university fellowship or assistantship are not eligible. A student assistant position does not provide a tuition waiver or stipend.
– Must be a current OSU undergraduate or graduate student with expected graduation date of June, 2014 or later.
– Must have a genuine interest in news, policy issues, and broadcast journalism.
– Must be able to write broadcast-style copy . Newspaper or broadcast script writing experience is helpful.
– Must have advanced library and Internet research skills.
– Must be organized and detail oriented.
– Must be able to work with people from diverse backgrounds.